Spot errors in Translation
Exercise 7
1. I have come to (A)/know that (B)/his father has died (C)/three days ago (D).
2. When will you find (A)/out a solution (B)/to this problem (C),/you will be
awarded a prize (D).
3. Before the alarm had stopped (A)/ringing (B)/Nisha had telephoned (C)/the
police (D).
4. This is (A)/the first time (B)/that I see such (C)/an interesting movie (D).
5. Whenever he is coming (A)/here, he brings (B)/many (C)/gifts for me (D).
6. Now a days (A)/he teaches English (B)/because the teacher of English (C)/has
gone for a month’s leave (D).
7. “It is high time (A)/you are starting (B)/this business’’ (C)/said Ram to
Mahesh (D).
8. I will let you know (A)/as soon as I (B)/will get (C)/any news in this regard (D).
9. When I will (A)/cross fifty, my (B)/wife will cross (C)/forty five (D).
10. The secret of his good health (A)/lies in the fact (B)/that he is getting up
early (C)/and goes to bed early (D).
Exercise 8
1. The students sitting on the dais (A),/studied here (B)/for three years, but
(C)/they have never created any problem (D).
2. A philogynist is a person (A)/who loves woman (B)/but a mysogynist is a
person (C)/who is hating woman (D).
3. It is appearing to me (A)/that you are (B)/trying to destabilise (C)/the present
committee (D).
4. I have been knowing her (A)/for many years (B)/but I don’t know (C)/where she
works (D).
5. If he would have done this (A),/he would have done wrong (B)/and would have
deceived (C)/many of his relatives (D).
6. The victim tried to tell us (A)/what has happened (B)/but his words (C)/were not
audible (D).
7. I want you to (A)/pick up the box of eggs gently (B)/and kept it in (C)/the corner
carefully (D). (Bank of Baroda PO)
8. She came to (A)/the party much (B)/later than (C)/I expect (D).
9. I lived here (A)/for five years (B),/so I know about the (C)/problems of this
colony (D).
10. The chairman had not taken (A)/any decision until (B)/he had studied (C)/the
case thoroughly (D).
11. They got everything (A)/ready for the visitors (B)/long before (C)/they reached
there (D).
12. He switched on (A)/the light before (B)/he entered (C)/the room (D)/No
error (E).
13. I have been admiring (A)/her for the (B)/voice with which (C)/she is gifted (D).
14. He was with me (A)/uptil now (B),/so don’t (C)/punish him for the delay (D).
15. Several survey reports (A)/indicate that (B)/the number of (C)/drug addicts is
grown gradually (D).
16. ‘Here is coming up Bachchan!’ (A)/, said he (B)/when he was (C)/waiting for
him (D).
17. I could not recall (A)/when she has told me (B)/about her (C)/affair with
Gopal (D).
18. Four and four (A)/always made eight (B)/cannot (C)/be questioned by
anyone (D).
19. She hopes to (A)/become an engineer (B)/after she will complete (C)/her
education (D).
5
6
Spot errors in Translation
Reviewed by praveshk
on
09:54
Rating:
No comments: